Closing date: Close of business Thursday 10 January 2019
Inform the work of a new peak organisation representing mental health consumers and carers.
Based upon consumer and carer consultation to date and on behalf of Queensland Health, Health Consumers Queensland have contracted two independent consultants with lived experience to facilitate the scoping of the formation of a new peak body organisation to represent mental health consumers and carers in Queensland.
The aims of the project (approx. 3 months in duration) will be to:
- Maintain and strengthen links with a network of mental health consumers and carers interested in supporting the development of a new organisation.
- Create and engage with a consumer and carer working group to guide/support the project.
- Develop a consultation plan to seek feedback from consumers and carers who haven’t been consulted to date
- Facilitate targeted consultation of consumers and carers.
- Create a funding proposal that will include consumer and carer feedback on the mission, vision, purpose, activities, values and membership of the organization.
The working group will inform the work of the project, to represent the voices of other consumers and carers and importantly be consumer and carer connectors by providing access to consumer and carer networks in their region.