Get a deeper understanding of consumer partnerships in health. Understand your role as health staff in supporting effective consumer partnerships. Co-presented with an experienced consumer who will share their insights and experience in consumer partnerships in health.
Tuesday 6 September and Wednesday 7 September, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Who can participate?
- For any health staff who has been partnering with consumers and wants to strengthen their partnerships
- Open to all Queensland Health staff regardless of your experience with consumer partnerships.
What will be covered?
Day 1 – Theory and background.
- Fundamentals of consumer partnerships.
- Drivers of consumer partnerships.
- Consumer and Community Engagement Framework.
Day 2 – Tips and strategies on how to partners effectively.
- Planning for consumer partnerships.
- Preparing consumers and staff for successful partnerships.
- Staff qualities needed for effective partnerships.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Deeper dive into fundamentals of consumer partnerships.
- Opportunity to ask questions and have discussions with experienced consumer co-presenter and Health Consumers Queensland Engagement Advisor.
- Training split into two sessions.
- Attend what is relevant and you can make up missed session another time.
Session structure and delivery
- 2 x 2 hour online sessions.
- You only need to register once to attend both sessions. Attendance of both sessions completes the training.
- Delivered via Zoom Meetings.**
- You will need access to the internet and a device with a camera and microphone to participate in this online training.
**Zoom and Qld Health Policy
As Queensland Health Staff, you are not able to use Zoom to initiate calls/meetings; however, you are able to use it to access training when the call is not initiated by you. In this instance, the session will be initiated by Health Consumers Queensland