Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 18 November 2021
The Statewide General Medicine Clinical Network, a part of the Queensland Clinical Network invites two (2) consumer representatives to join the Steering Committee within Clinical Excellence Queensland. This multidisciplinary group works on a collegiate basis to provide leadership and strategic planning for general medicine service development in Queensland.
The purpose of the Statewide General Medicine Clinical Network is to:
- Provide expertise, direction and advice to healthcare administrators and planners, the Department of Health and to Government on how to optimize general medicine specialist care to improve health outcomes and patient experience while considering both statewide and local issues.
- Provide leadership in guidance to key clinical streams and their advisory groups related to general medicine services.
- Participate in the planning, coordinating, service improvement activities and the sharing of evidence based best practice in the field of general medicine to improve patient health outcomes.
- Develop and endorse work plan(s) of activities and associated timeframes for the steering committee and associated working grou
- Provide expert advice and feedback on current and emerging general medicine issues (e.g. planning, priority areas, service improvement activities, equity issues and workforce requirements, considering both statewide and local issues).
This opportunity would suit a consumer or carer representative:
- With at least 12 + months experience sitting on a committee at the Hospital and Health Service, or Statewide level
- Has an understanding of the Queensland Health system and experiencing providing consumer feedback
- With a high level of literacy (including reading, writing and communication)
- Who can build effective relationships with clinicians from around the state
- Has a good understanding of the future of healthcare from a consumer or carer perspective
- Who can demonstrate innovative and creative approaches to address complex organisational issues using a quality improvement framework
- Who can help others to understand their shared goals and their points of difference in a respectful way.