Closing date: 9am, Friday 25 February 2022
The Statewide Anaesthesia and Perioperative Care Clinical Network (SWAPNet) is seeking one consumer representative to be a member of the Steering Committee. The SWAPNet is a broad, representative group of multidisciplinary clinicians that provide input into and influence key decision makers and health services in Queensland.
SWAPNet was established in 2007 to:
- Identify and drive initiates to improve the quality, safety and effectiveness of anaesthesia and perioperative care in Queensland.
- Provide expertise, direction and advice to the Department of Health in relation to anaesthesia and perioperative care related service planning and emerging issues at the local, statewide and national levels.
- Develop an open and supportive environment for clinicians and consumers in relation to anaesthesia and perioperative care in Queensland.
- Foster education and research in anaesthesia and perioperative care best practice.
Who is it for?
This opportunity would suit a consumer or carer representative with:
- some experience representing consumers on executive level committees or working groups
- an excellent track record of working with multi-disciplinary clinical teams
- a good understanding of the future of healthcare from a consumer or carer perspective
- well-developed written and communication skills
- demonstrated innovative and creative approaches to address complex organisational issues using a quality improvement framework.