Closing date extended to Friday 22 January 2021
eHealth Queensland is seeking two consumer representatives to join the membership of the Rural and Remote Digital Healthcare Committee to provide advice on the priority and selection of initiatives for the digital enablement of rural and remote healthcare across Queensland.
eHealth Queensland enables the delivery of health services to the community, supporting the information technology needs of the State’s 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Department of Health.
The Rural and Remote Digital Healthcare Committee is the statewide peak body that will provide strategic advice on initiatives for the digital enablement of rural and remote healthcare across Queensland. This includes initiatives in the Digital Strategy for Rural and Remote Healthcare.
The Committee fulfils a key role by undertaking the following functions:
- Provide advice and feedback on initiatives related to the digital enablement of rural and remote healthcare in Queensland.
- Discuss and review future issues impacting the implementation of the Digital Strategy for Rural and Remote Healthcare.
- Discuss and review Investment Concept Briefs and Business Cases for future activities and projects related to the Digital Strategy for Rural and Remote Healthcare
- Promote awareness of the Digital Strategy for Rural and Remote Healthcare and the opportunities it provides.
- Review risks and issues that may impact the Rural and Remote Digital Healthcare Committee’s responsibilities and functions.
Committee membership includes Chief Executives from Rural and Remote Hospital and Health Services, representatives from Primary Health Networks, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Division, Office Rural and Remote Health, chairs from the Rural and Remote Clinical Network and executive leadership from eHealth Queensland.
The Terms of Reference are available upon request.
Role of the consumer
The role of the successful applicant will be required to:
- attend all Steering Committee meetings and provide the consumer perspective and experience
- actively participate in all Steering Committee activities such as pre-meeting reading, discussions, provision of feedback and advice
Who is it for?
This opportunity would suit a consumer representative:
- With at least 12 months committee experience either at the Hospital and Health Service, or Statewide level.
- who lives (or has recently lived or cared for someone) within a rural and remote location who has had some experience in accessing healthcare.
- Access to a computer and reliable internet service would be ideal as meetings are held via videoconference.