Closing date: 9am, Monday 19 July 2021
The Queensland Clinical Senate would like to recruit one consumer and/or carer representative to be a part of the Senate. Your role is to provide the consumer perspective with a focus on quality patient outcomes and experiences through all levels of the health system in Queensland.
The Queensland Clinical Senate is a multidisciplinary group and represents clinicians from across the health system. By sharing collective knowledge and considering strategic clinical issues, it plays a key role in providing leadership, advice and recommendations to Queensland Health about how to deliver the best care to Queenslanders. The Senate has been successful in advocating for:
- Identifying and promoting key learnings and opportunities to improve the delivery of healthcare arising from the disruption caused by COVID-19
- Health and Wellbeing of the Workforce – a statement of principles and actions
- Addressing key low benefit care priorities
- GP access to The Viewer
- Investment in publicly funded bariatric surgery
- A community education program about end of life care
- Significant funding to support implementation of innovative models of integrated care (Integrated Care Investment Fund)
This opportunity would suit an experienced consumer and/or carer representative with high-level committee experience, either at the local, Hospital and Health Service, or Statewide level. Strong and established links with your community and networks are also expected so you inform into the Senate with a broader community perspective.
You will be joined by two recently recruited consumers on the Senate who represent Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander consumers and rural and remote perspectives and two organisational representatives from Health Consumers Queensland.