Closing date extended: 5pm, Thursday 25th March 2021
The Department of Health is offering one First Nations’ health consumer representative the opportunity to be a member of the First Nations Health Improvement Advisory Committee (Committee). This is a strategic, high level Committee that helps support key health system priorities with the aim to remove barriers so health outcomes and experiences are improved for Queensland’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The purpose of the First Nations Health Improvement Advisory Committee (the Committee is also known as a Tier 2 Advisory Committee) is to review and inform the development of a co-designed First Nations Health Equity Framework and supporting priorities. This will be achieved through:
- provision of expertise, oversight, advice and guidance
- working in partnership to progress whole of system reforms to achieve health equity for First Nations
- approaches that are co-designed, co-owned and co-implemented with First Nations people
- monitoring progress and measuring improvements in the health and experiences of First Nations Queenslanders
- informing strategic direction to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Division.
Who is it for?
This opportunity would suit a First Nations consumer or carer representative with at least 12 months committee experience, either at the Hospital and Health Service, or Statewide level.