Closing date: 9am, Thursday 23 March 2023
Clinical Excellence Queensland invites one health consumer representative to participate in the Statewide Comprehensive Assessment and Care Planning (CACP) Project across two bodies of work: the Fundamentals of Care Working Group and the Goals of Care Framework Review.
The CACP Project is an initiative of Clinical Excellence Queensland and eHealth Queensland to deliver a suite of solutions that support clinical staff to provide comprehensive care to patients in alignment with the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care: Comprehensive Care Standard.
- Fundamentals of Care Working Group (FoCWG):
- Joining a State-wide group of clinicians aiming to optimise ongoing assessment and documentation of the Fundamentals of Care for adult hospital patients.
- The group will systematically analyse ongoing assessment and documentation of the fundamental care components of adult hospital admissions (e.g. mobility, nutrition, cognition, falls and pressure injury risk, communication).
- The consumer representative will participate in working group meetings, sharing their perspective on each of these domains based on their experience during a hospital admission, providing a vital patient-centred contribution.
- Goals of Care Framework Review
- In 2021/22 the Statewide Comprehensive Assessment and Care Planning (CACP) Project stood up a Goals of Care Working Group (GoCWG), comprised of clinicians and consumers throughout Queensland. The outcomes of the GoCWG informed development of a framework for implementing shared goal setting, between patients and the health care team, for adult hospital patients.
- The consumer representative will review Goals of Care Framework document, providing analysis and a critical point of view based on lived hospital experience and what matters to consumers and carers.