Closing date: 4pm, Sunday 20 November 2022
Health Consumers Queensland has an opportunity for ten consumers and/or carers living in the Central Queensland, Wide Bay, and Sunshine Coast region to host a Kitchen Table Discussion or Yarning Circle with 10 local community members to develop stronger Compassionate Communities.
Compassionate Communities are communities in which everyday people, just like you, play a role in supporting others in your community as they age, near the end of their life, or through death and grief. For example, they may do this by sharing resources or supporting a community member with everyday tasks.
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast Primary Health Network (PHN) are looking to support their community members caring for others through providing them with:
• networks of local people with shared roles and values,
• access to key resources to support them to continue to play this role, and
• to hear from them what else is needed to support this community led work.
The Kitchen Table Discussions and Yarning Circles will assist the PHN to understand what support and resources are most needed by the community.
Who are we looking for as Consumer or Carer Hosts?
We would like our hosts to be consumers who have strong community connections and are able to invite a group of 10 participants to their session. Your participants are currently caring for or have supported someone in community and would like to share their experience and knowledge to inform the PHN on what supports and resources are needed.
Hosts and participants will reside in the following locations:
• Central Queensland (Emerald, Rockhampton, Gladstone & Biloela),
• Wide Bay (Hervey Bay, Bundaberg & Mundubbera) and
• Sunshine Coast (Gympie, Noosa Maroochydore).
Role of the Kitchen Table Discussion Host or Yarning Circle Host
As the host, your role will be to plan, coordinate and host a once-only 90 minute to two hour discussion with community members. This includes:
· Invite local community to participate (ideally, community members who do not normally have their voice heard in healthcare).
· Choosing a time, date and venue between 25 November and 12 December and host your session.
· Complete and provide the discussion feedback to Health Consumers Queensland by 13 December.
You will receive training, a host guide and toolkit with all printed documentation and support from Health Consumers Queensland to host and complete the session.