5 June 2020
Rapid expansion of telehealth and virtual care has emerged as one of the positive outcomes from COVID-19. Consumers shared key insights including:
- Everybody is doing it differently. Let’s make it simpler, easier and less complicated for all consumers and health care providers to use telehealth.
- Let’s ensure there is public awareness and system-wide acknowledgment of when and where telehealth is inappropriate.
- Ensure consumers have choice in the way their healthcare is delivered e.g. face-to-face or by telehealth.
- Virtual care should be based on clear criteria, consumer choice and be clinically appropriate.
- Now is clearly the time to harness the potential of telehealth and address the gaps and inequities of this model of health service delivery