- This event has passed.
2 June,10:00 am - 11:00 am
There is no better teacher than experience! In this very special mentoring session, we invite consumers to come and learn from some of Queensland’s very experienced consumer representatives. Listen to the wisdom of veteran consumer representatives in a relaxed and friendly environment. Ask the questions that will help you build your confidence to represent Queenslander in a wider range of healthcare settings than ever before.
Session 1: Preparing for meetings with Helen Mees
10am – 11.00am Thursday, 2 June 2022 via Zoom
Who can participate?
• This interactive session is for all health consumer representatives regardless of level of experience.
• You need to be a member of Health Consumers Queensland Consumer Network to attend this session. If you are not a member you can sign up using this link tinyurl.com/JoinHCQ
Session structure and delivery
• 1-hour online session.
• A presentation from the experienced consumer on a specific topic where they want to share their learnings and wisdom.
• Followed by discussion and Q & A session on the topic of presentation as well as other discussions and Q & A.
• Delivered via Zoom Meetings.
• You will need access to the internet and a device with a camera and microphone to participate in this online training.
• You will need to register to attend this session.
Why should you attend?
• Learn from experienced consumers.
• Gain a better understanding of consumer partnerships in health through the experience of veteran consumer representatives.
• Peer-based learning and mentoring opportunities.
• Opportunity to ask questions and have discussions on presentation topic and wider.
• Meet and network with other health consumers.
• Free of charge.