Congratulations to all the consumers and carers from HCQ’s network who have been appointed to consumer partnership roles on long-term, system-wide committees, focus groups or working groups as well as other activities with Queensland Health and other health organisations.
Between January and July this year we received a record number of expressions of interest – 253! – for consumer partnering roles and opportunities and a substantial increase in the number of consumers being accepted for these roles with 195 consumers accepted!
Consumers are now involved and influencing many different areas right across health including:
- Allied Health Value-based Health Care Framework Working Group
- COVID-19 Pathways of Care Governance Group
- Digital Health Institute Summit – Consumer Speaker
- Mental Health Alcohol and other Drug Branch Crisis System Reform and Integrated Journey Board roles
- Statewide Cancer Clinical Network
- Statewide Services: Assessment and Review Panel and Implementation Working Group
- Statewide Anaesthesia and Perioperative Care Clinical Network (SWAPNET) Steering Committee
- Type 2 Diabetes Focus Group
- eHealth Queensland Digital Health Research Committee
- Inform my care website review
- ENT Audiology Shared Care Model of Care.
- Queensland Clinical Excellence Showcase
Thank you to everyone for the time and effort you put into each application. There are many reasons why particular consumers or carers are selected for roles so please do not be disheartened if you were not successful this time. We encourage you to continue applying and developing your knowledge and skills by attending of our free consumer partnership training events.